How to Select Vacuum Pump
In order to better select and use the vacuum pump, we have specially summarized the following points for attention, so that you can choose the right product.
According to the actual use, you should pay attention to these:
1. Whether the vibration generated by the vacuum pump has any effect on the process and the environment. If the process does not allow it, a vibration-free pump should be selected or a series of anti-vibration measures should be taken.
2. Understand the composition of the pumped gas, whether there is particulate dust in the gas, whether it is corrosive, etc. When selecting a vacuum pump, you need to know the gas composition, and you need to select the corresponding pump for the gas to be pumped. If the gas contains vapors, particles and corrosive gases, it is necessary to consider installing auxiliary equipment on the inlet line of the pump.
3. Under its working pressure, the vacuum pump can discharge all the gas generated in the process of vacuum equipment.
4. Correctly combine the vacuum pump. Sometimes one type of vacuum pump cannot meet the pumping requirements. Because the vacuum pump has selective pumping, several vacuum pump combinations are needed to complement each other to meet the pumping requirements. For example, the titanium sublimation pump has a high pumping speed for hydrogen, but cannot pump helium, and the three-pole sputtering ion pump, (or the two-pole asymmetric cathode sputtering ion pump) has a certain pumping speed for argon, if the two pumps combined, it will make the vacuum device get the corresponding vacuum degree.
5. Requirements for oil pollution of vacuum equipment. If the equipment clearly requires no oil, various oil-free pumps should be selected, such as: water ring vacuum pump, molecular sieve adsorption pump, sputtering ion pump, cryogenic pump, etc. If the requirements are not strict, you can choose an oil sealed vacuum pump, plus some anti-oil pollution measures.
6. Correctly select the working range of the vacuum pump. Each type of vacuum pump has a certain working pressure range. Therefore, the working range of the pump should be selected within this range.
7. How does the oil vapor discharged from the vacuum pump affect the environment? If the environment does not allow pollution, you can choose an oil-free vacuum pump, or discharge the oil vapor to the outside.
8. The working pressure of the vacuum pump should meet the ultimate vacuum and working pressure requirements of the vacuum equipment. For example, a vacuum drying process requires a working vacuum of 10mmHg, and the ultimate vacuum of the selected vacuum pump should be at least 2mmHg, preferably 1mmHg. Usually, the ultimate vacuum degree of the pump is selected to be higher than the working vacuum degree of the vacuum equipment.
9. Finally, consider the initial installation price, operation and maintenance costs of the vacuum pump, and choose a cost-effective vacuum pump according to the actual situation.
If you need any kind of pumps, welcome to check our products or contact with our sales department.